Friday, February 22, 2008

Weaver Agnes Hauptli

In one of her blog posts today, Meg Nakagawa linked to New Zealand weaver Agnes Hauptli. Go here to see her web page. Here you will find a brief bio. On this page as well is a link to her gallery. When I saw her gallery all I could say was "wow"!

I wanted to see if I could learn more about her. What I did find was an earlier website of hers. Here is a website which shows her weaving from 2001 to 2005. What a transformation has taken place since then! What a lot of work must have taken place to cause such amazing growth.

2 comments:

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

Hi Peg, I enjoyed seeing this weavers work. I have to forget I'm trying to weave myself otherwise I feel overcome by anxiety - how does one get from being a beginner to having a distinct "voice" and style? Lots of work I guess!!

Nevertheless I do love Agnes's work and I'd certainly adore having one of those shawls or scarves in my wardrobe!