Friday, July 6, 2007

Sampling for the Crackle Jacket

Two days ago I hand-washed the sampling I had done on the warp left over from weaving the samples for the crackle exchange. Then I gave the sampling a fairly hard pressing. And here is the piece. The whole is not quite visible as I had to loosely pleat the fabric to fit into the photo.

What you see here are the results of 22 different treadlings and/or color experiments combined with 2 different tie-ups. The first tie-up was the same one I had used for the crackle exchange samples. The treadlings on this tie-up are visible on the left side of the picture.

The second tie-up converted an 8-shaft crackle into the equivalent of a 4-shaft crackle. And you can see those treadlings on the right side of the picture. You can even see that the weaving on the right side is reminiscent of a 4-shaft piece I showed some time ago.

By the way, as soon as I had pressed this sampling, the particular sample I plan to use for the jacket fabric immediately jumped out at me.

More later.


Leigh said...

Peg you're posting fast than I can keep up with! The woven samples are gorgeous!

Peg in South Carolina said...

Thank you for your kind words, Leigh.