If you clicked on the picture in the previous post, you saw a lot of little loops of weft yarn at the selvedges, especially the left selvedge. But there is yet another problem. It is invisible in that picture. On the reverse side of the cloth there are occasional lumps of yarn. Theses lumps are actually little loops where the weft didn't stretch out fully.
So much for my "euphoric bliss."
All this makes me particularly unhappy because otherwise this piece is revealing itself nicely
SHEDS AND LOOPS OF YARN IN CLOTH
However, I see solutions beginning to happen. One thing I started to notice was that the sheds were not always clear right down to the fell of the cloth. In this image you can see that. I suspect that one thing that was happening on these sheds was that the weft was occasionally getting caught up and pull out by the misaligned warps at the fell. So now I use my hand to clear any sheds that look like this. Doing that, I think, has taken care of the little loops on the underside. At least I don't seem to be feeling them anymore.
And I have settled down on an easy and effective technique of holding pirn and yarn after I have passed the pirn through. This probably accounts for the little loops at the selvedge beginning to clear up. I need more practice here in order to build up the necessary skill.