This afternoon I went back to my original formulas in order to figure out some next steps, and I discovered that one of the formulas, that for orange, was incorrect. It was incorrect in the sense that the numbers, which ought to add up to 100%, do not add up to 100%.
I did use a calculator..... I have mentioned in the past my problems with arithmetic............... Perhaps I should give up not only weaving but also dyeing.
If I really really want to, if I really need to, I could figure out how to figure out from those numbers what the actual proportions really were and what the actual DOS really was. But I think I'm moving dangerously close to algebra, and that was a long, long, long time ago! However, if I end up using that color in the final dyeing, I am going to have to figure this out!
Well, I didn't give up weaving, and gosh darn if I am going to give up dyeing!