Friday, September 14, 2007

Polychrome 8-shaft Crackle

Amount woven yesterday: 2.5"
Amount woven to date: 2 yards + 16.5"

Yesterday I opened my weaving program and sketched in an 8 shaft crackle threading. I used a standard crackle tie up. Then I set up the same kind of treadling I am doing on the current crackle jacket fabric. That is, I used four colors for treadles 1-4, repeated them for treadles 5-8 and then repeated them. I did only one block like this to see if it would work, and it did!

Each drawdown has two parts. On the left side, the warp ends are black. On the right side the warp ends vary in colors. It is the right side I am interested in, but I kept the black warp in for part because it shows more clearly the structure.

Crackle 1 above

Crackle 2 to the right

The threadings for the two are different, by the way.

Crackle 1

Crackle 2

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Ah, good tip about using the black. I keep telling myself that I need to start using weaving software, but can never bring myself to settle down and actually do it. I think it's the new software learning curve that I dread.