Friday, August 29, 2008

ART PIECE 5: LAST SECTION WOVEN

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

Here, at the top of the photo, is the last section. It is the mirror image of the beginning section, not visible here. Below you can see part of the central section.  What is visible is part of the central section.  This gives an idea of how the parts work Art Piece 5 last section together.

I still must weave two more inches in blue for the rod hem.

I wanted to weave next the identical same piece except weave the background in red instead of blue. Then I would hang them as a pair, which might be interesting.  Unfortunately, I have realized that if I am going to weave samples for the Crackle Exchange group, I had better start weaving.  I think I  have barely enough of the warp left.

So this, it looks like, will be the last of the art pieces, at least on this warp.

 

 

"Art Piece 5: Last Section Woven" was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on August 29, 2008.    © 2008 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fabulous way to sign off, though. I've really appreciated sharing your journey through this warp.

Peg in South Carolina said...

Thank you, Cally.