Instead of moving directly into the next art piece, I decided to spend some time sampling. Here is the first of the samples.
The treadlings on the art pieces have all been straight twill treadlings with no tabby. What I tried here is a point twill treadling. For two of the blocks (number one and three) I treadled the point from the right side (i.e., 8,7,6,7,8). For the other two blocks I treadled the point from the left (i.e., 1,2,3,2,1.
PROBLEM WITH BLOCK ONE AND THREE
I do not think this problem is going to be visible in the photo. But what happened with blocks one and three was a series of uncaught warp threads on some of the threading blocks. It looks a little interesting, but, frankly, I think it ends up looking sleazy. I think that if I take the point down to treadle 5 instead of down to treadle 6, the problem will be corrected enough so that it no longer looks sleazy.
END OF PREVIOUS ART PIECE
You can also see the end of the art piece. I alternated the two blocks I had been using so that there is the effect of a slight narrow stripe.