Yes, this is an odd angle. I rotated the photo. Doing this gives me an idea of what the piece would look like hung.
The dark blue at the very top is what will be turned under to form a casing.
What do I think? It doesn't work. There are too many different ideas in the piece.
- At the bottom is a stripe effect.
- Then there are rectangles.
- The rectangles are followed by a cluster of yellow stripes on blue.
- Next comes the beginning of what looks like it is going to be a repetition of the first group of rectangles, but with some orange added. I know, it looks red in the photo, but all the reds are really oranges.
- Finally, at the top, comes my favorite part---a kind of watercolor effect of blues yellows and oranges. And that is where I really lost the original idea.
The result is a piece which does not have enough unity to be pleasing to the eye.
Improvising at the loom can be very dangerous. Weaving this piece was lots of fun, but what the weaving of it yielded was something unexpected: a very rich learning experience but also a lesson I shall find difficult to learn.
Related Post: Art Piece #1 Done