Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ART PIECE 3: WEAVING BEGINS

art piece 3 begun

It doesn't look very much like it in the photo, but I am weaving with (so far) five colors:  blue and blue violet for what I call the background blocks;  and orange, scarlet and cherry for the foreground blocks.  You can get a little better feel for the colors by clicking on the photo.  Also for the complexity of sub-blocks within the blocks.

CHANAGING THE VIEWING ANGLE

As I was weaving this, I was just not quite sure about what was happening.  Then I went to the back of the loom.  Looking at something from a fresh angle usually results in some obvious problems coming to the forefront.  But this time, the fresh angle allowed me to like what I have done so far and so gave me the desire to continue.  But not necessarily the way to continue.......

© 2008

4 comments:

Julie said...

I'm a very new weaver but I love the colors and the pattern your using.

Peg in South Carolina said...

Thank you Jewel. How very nice to find a new weaver reading my blog. I'm glad you found it and hope you find things of interest to you on it.

Dorothy said...

Hi Peg, I like the look of this :) interesting colour interactions.

Peg in South Carolina said...

Hi Dorothy, glad you like it.