Monday, April 21, 2008

USING LEFTOVER DYE MIX SOLUTIONS

CONSTANCE ROSE

Constance Rose dyes silk fibers for spinning. Then she spins the dyed fiber and weaves beautiful stuff with it.

Every time I see one of her dye jobs my heart aches. Here is one of here latest creations. The colors are absolutely gorgeous. And she uses up her leftover dye mix solutions!

USING LEFTOVER DYE

I usually have lots of leftover dye solutions. And I do have undyed fiber. Some silk, some merino. I think some other fibers as well.

Using these fibers in my stash as experiments with leftover dyes seems like a very good way to start playing.

Ironically, however, for the current warp I have been making close to the amount of dye that I need. When I finished dyeing the organzine silk yarn, i just threw out the miniscule remaining bits of dye.

The second scarf I am weaving will require more dyes. I think I shall try making more than I need. Then I can use the remaining colors for playing with the merino and silk fibers.

Here is another one of Constance's dye jobs. It is just so gorgeous.

1 comment:

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I too drool on her blog, she's really talented with color.