Monday, April 14, 2008

THREADING HALF DONE

Well, actually, slightly over halfway done. But only slightly.



THE THREADING PRINTOUT

At the top of the loom you can see the narrow cork boards I mentioned on another post. I have attached the printed-out threading to it. The threading goes for two pages. But I arrange the page so that no more that two rows are visible at a time. I prefer having only one row visible. Then my eye isn't likely to wander to the wrong row.

NEED FOR FREQUENT BREAKS

I have discovered, sadly, that if I try to sit long enough to thread two different blocks, I am likely to make errors when I work on the second block. It seems it is difficult for my head to let go of the first sequence of heddles I had been threading. I either want to repeat that first sequence, or else, I want to thread some kind of compromise sequence.

I always seem to catch myself when I make this kind of error. But I certainly know I will definitely not try to thread a third block, with yet a difference sequence of heddles, without taking a break.

DYEING AND THREADING

It is not hard to spread out periods of threading. I still have plenty of dye work and yarn preparation to do and it is easy to fit threading times in between those activities. If all works out right, I shall be ready to weave at roughly the same time as the dyeing and yarn preparations are all finished.

No comments: