Monday, April 14, 2008

POSTSCRIPT TO THREADING HALF DONE

MARKING THE THREADING DRAFT

If you click on the picture in my previous post, you will see clearly how I mark my threading draft as I thread.

CHECK MARKS -- THREADING FINISHED

In the top threading is visible a slash, which indicates the midpoint of the threading draft. To the immediate right is a check mark. The check mark indicates the end of a threaded group. The threads in that group are tied together in a slip knot.

DOTS -- HEDDLES READY TO BE THREADED

Looking at the bottom group you can see two more of these check marks. But to the left of them you can also see a round dot. The round dot indicates that I have pulled out the heddles to be threaded from the last check mark (the one to the right of the dot) to the dot. When those heddles are correctly threaded and the yarns tied in a slip knot, I will replace the dot with a check mark.

No comments: