Friday, December 28, 2007

Getting Back to Weaving

When I woke up this morning I was surprised to find myself still feeling the emptiness of of the house after the children and grand-baby had left yesterday. I did not feel like weaving. I understood a bit how empty-nest moms can go into a lingering depression.

I did put off starting to weave until the middle of the morning. As I said, I did not much feel like weaving. So I told myself, well, I would just weave one block length with the new colors of yarns (browns and blues on the red warp). I had wound the pirns while I was still up on weaving before everyone arrived for Christmas. So all I had to do was to put the pirns in their shuttles. I had also made notes of the treadlings and colors I wanted to use next.



The only reason I stopped at weaving two block lengths was that it was a bit late in the morning and I had to get my walk in before lunch............... Guess I'm back!

And on that walk, I took my Christmas gift MP3 player and listened to an episode of Weavecast. I am hooked....................

4 comments:

Susan B. said...

The holidays happily interrupted my weaving but I'm ready to get back too!

Dorothy said...

There's nothing like an episode of Weavecast to chase the blues away.

And an MP3 player for Christmas - oh Peg, you are lucky!

Leigh said...

Looking good! And I can certainly relate to those emotions. I do think an occasional break is a good thing from time to time though.

Annie said...

Good you wove - I planned to, but didn't. Yesterday I bought the material for a baby blanket and was going to wind the warp today. Now it's planned for tomorrow. In this time of the year there is simply too much to do