Posted by Peg in South Carolina
I have done things a little backwards. Normally I would figure out the width I wanted a piece to be and start with that. But because I am not interested in the precise width of this project but am more concerned with precise thread patterning, I started with the number of ends. Here is a copy of these initial calculations:
5.5 yards seems like a doable length for me to get a well- and evenly-tensioned warp. But for weighting the warp ends, I shall have to check to see if I have enough weights to add them to one-inch segments.
This does not yet tell me how I am going to use different colors in the warp. I am not quite ready to deal with the issue just yet.
By the way, I changed my mind about the red as I started dyeing today. I decided that Sabraset Scarlet leaned a bit too much towards yellow, so I decided to use a mix of 50% SAB Scarlet and 50% WFA Magenta, which leans to blue. Mixing a yellow-leaning red with a blue-leaning red will never result in the brilliant kind of red that a pure red would be. But there are no pure reds in the Sabraset dyes. So this is my best compromise.
Related Post: Recent Comments and Questions