Friday, October 30, 2009

I WANT TO DYE THE WARP, GOSH DARN!

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

But I need roughly three hours of relatively uninterrupted time at home to do a batch of immersion dyeing.  That’s not going to happen till Tuesday.   Sigh……..

Not that there aren’t things to do.  I am in the process of examining the threading and threading blocks for where and how I want the warp colors to change.  I need to do that before I start winding the warp.

And I can always start winding the skeins for the dyeing of the weft yarns. 

But, gosh darn, I want to dye the warp yarn!


"I Want to Dye the Warp, Gosh Darn” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on October 29, 2009. ©2009 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Just keep thinking about it....you don't want to try to squeeze the dyeing in and mess up; Tues will come soon!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Almost there!! Can't wait to see what your dyed warp will look like.

Peg in South Carolina said...

Tomorrow the dyeing begins!