Friday, September 11, 2009

WEEKEND READING

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

Abby Franquemont doesn’t post very often.  But I keep her in my Bloglines reader because when a post does appear, it is generally a winner.  And so it was with the post I read today:  Go Ahead: Be a Beginner.   Here she talks about things that peeve her that people say to and expect (or don’t expect) of beginning spinners.  And she also talks about the value of cultivating a beginner’s mindset for even advanced spinners.  Abby is a spinner but what she has to say has much truth for me in other parts of my life as well.

In this post, Should I Give Up? Robert Genn addresses this question asked of him by a painter.  Genn talks around the problem for awhile, but by the time he reaches the end he has some advice I find useful.

I enjoyed reading Priming Your Mind for Painting  by Lori Woodward Simons.  It’s a short piece with not much new to say, to me anyway.  But I did appreciate one thing she included, and that is quotation from the leader of a recent workshop she took:  

I never paint anything unless it resonates emotionally with me.

That is very much how I feel about weaving.


Weekend Reading” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on September 11, 2009. ©2009 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

 

No comments: