Thursday, September 17, 2009

SO WHAT GIVES WITH THE THREADING?

Posted by Peg in South Carolina
image
I took each of my blocks and compared them with each of Zielinski’s blocks. The results quite surprised me.

Most of my blocks were to be found in Zielinski’s blocks, though clearly I had ordered my blocks quite differently. Also five of the threading units (A, B, E, G and H) looked just a little different, but in reality they were the same, just approached differently.

One of my blocks (D), however, was not to be found among Zielinski’s blocks.

I also discovered two identical sets of blocks among my blocks:  C and E, and G and H. 


Here are the details as they appear in my E-Sketchbook:
image
Next on the agenda?  Create a new draft, using the same block design, but substituting Zielinski’s threading units.  Here is what is now the correct profile threading draft (carefully saved on the computer……….):
image
Note that I have spaces in the profile threading so that I can easily distinguish the groupings.


So What Gives with the Threading?” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on September 17, 2009. ©2009 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

No comments: