Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

what is wrong here This is the first weaving on the new threading and tie-up. What a mess. What went wrong? Pay no attention to the red threads at the bottom of the weaving. That is simply thin cotton yarn I wove in to get the warp ends aligned properly.


"What is Wrong with this Picture?" was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on January 22, 2009. ©2009 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

8 comments:

Lynnette said...

Ahhhh Peg, I know exactly how you feel. I've just put a summer and winter tieup on my table loom and following my computer printed draft - the darn thing is upside down. How do these things happen? Weaving truly is a trial and error journey isn't it!

Laritza said...

I am no expert but I think you have a serious tension problem. The edges are not pulling evenly with the rest of the cloth?

Leigh said...

When I've had weaving that looked like that I assumed it was tension problems too. But then I often have tension problems.

I'm not familiar with canvas weave, but those are some humdingers of weft floats.

Susan B. said...

Ahhhh I think I've been there. There meaning looking at my work and thinking what on earth have I done? I can't tell from the picture what's wrong but I would probably spend the first few moments totally panicked! Then I would calm down and try to figure it out! And I'm sure you've skipped the total panic stage and have figured it out!

Peg in South Carolina said...

Thank you all for offering your guesses. No, not a tension problem. Not upside down. Not even canvas weave. All will be unveiled soon.......

Anonymous said...

Have you checked your sheds?

Anonymous said...

cat pulled your lease stick???

Peg in South Carolina said...

Sheds are fine. Cat has been good. Grin!