Thursday, September 25, 2008

SCARCELY ONE ROUND OF WARP LEFT ON THE BACK BEAM

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

The end is coming


The funny extra loops you see around the back beam and going up to the raddle and looping around the raddle nails? That was a group of warp ends that I did not need when I warped the loom. I kept them there just in case…….





"Scarcely One Round of Warp Left on the Back Beam" was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on September 25, 2008. © 2008 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! To me, there's always something exciting about arriving at this point in a warp.

Kitchen towels are in the air, I see from your next post. They're in the air at my house, too. I'm working on the finishing touches to the wool bag that I cut off the loom a couple of weeks ago and am nearly ready to put on a long cotton warp and start singing Christmas carols. . .

Weave on!
Jane

Peg in South Carolina said...

Yes, I agree. Sometimes the temptation for me is to slow down to savour it because I don't want to stop weaving it. Sometimes it is to rush through it (and, of course, make all kinds of mistakes!) so that I can get on to the next piece. This time I'm kind of split in half.