Thursday, September 11, 2008

COLOR AND NEXT ART PIECES

Posted by Peg in South Carolina 

Jane must be psychic.  She has got it right (which, frightening as it is, she frequently does.......) when she made the following comment on my blog:

"Maybe you will find yourself working your way through the spectrum, and your gorgeous reds are just the beginning"

I have already started thinking about the next set of art pieces and my thinking involves blues and greens.  That is not something totally different from the red pieces I have just finished.   I used a lot of blue and a lot of green in a number of the pieces.  I may not be precisely working my way through the spectrum.  To do that I would be moving either to oranges and yellows, on the one hand, or to red-violets and violets on the other hand.  But I am still following a logical path from one group of pieces to the next. And I had not realized this until I read Jane's comment.  Thank you, Jane!

And yes, there are going to be bits of red in these new pieces. 

"Color and Next Art Pieces" was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on September 11, 2008. © 2008 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

No comments: