Thursday, August 5, 2010

PROCESS VERSUS PRODUCT

Posted by Peg in South Carolina 

“When the outcome drives the process we will only ever go to

where we've already been. If process drives outcome we may

not know where we’re going, but we will know we want to be

there.”

 

I found this quote, credited to The Incomplete Manifesto of Bruce Mau on a recent post in the blog, “From the Studio of”

I don’t think I have ever found a statement that so completely represents my approach to much of what I weave.


Process versus Product” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on August 5, 2010. ©2010 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

3 comments:

Janice Zindel said...

Excellent quote, Peg, and that is exactly what is causing me to change the direction of my weaving.
Instead of thinking product first, I want to focus on process for awhile.

Bonnie said...

Right on!

Peg in South Carolina said...

Janice, I hope you enjoy this approach. Thanks for sharing.
Bonnie, yes, you are very process oriented--and you create beautiful art.