Posted by Peg in South Carolina
And it does not look promising. At this point, just looking at
1. The threading – noting the blocks and finding some definite problems and some possible ones
2. The fabric as it appears on the computer screen – finding definite problems
Here is a view of part of the fabric as it appears, treadled in the Italian manner. This is the treadling I am strongly favoring right now:
How many threading errors can you find? Two of them really stand out, but there are others. Why, why, why did I not do this before I even started to thread? Truly, I am not stupid! I guess I simply did not realize just how well the software could display the smallest of errors if I used it well.
And here is a clear threading error illustrated in the threading—actually a small cluster of threading errors covering 12 ends:
If you can’t find it in the threading, look at the drawdown and the error is clearly visible. This, by the way, is on the RIGHT side of the warp, where I did not think there were any errors. I had seen errors only on the left side…………..
Of course, once I am done with this, I will have to check all this against the actual fabric and threading. It is possible that
1. I corrected some of the threadings as I did the threading
2. That I simply did not see some of the threading errors in the woven cloth. Alerted, I will now probably see them.
It seems likely at this point (not yet finished with the analysis) that I am going to rethread the whole thing.
Well, I am not done yet. And tomorrow we leave for a weekend in Charlotte. That will get me away from all of thlis and I will return ready to tackle anything that needs to be tackled. Or, at that is the hope!
Related Post: Process versus Product