Monday, April 12, 2010

THE HARD WORK OF DRAFT DESIGNING

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

I am finding that designing drafts is hard work.   Tedious work.  A part of me does not want to continue with the current project.  It is just too tedious.  Add to that the fact that right now I cannot spend a lot of time at the computer; although they are significantly better, I still need to protect my right hand, arm, and shoulder.  I am virtually symptom-free, but I do not want the pain to return.

Of course, that is a good excuse for avoiding work.  And I am very good at avoiding this kind of work.

But I did get to work, and, much too my astonishment, the correction came quite easily.
image
The problem lay not in the threading, as I was beginning to think, but in the treadling.  That was where the first problem lay.  But this time it lay in the treadling of the third block. The third block (which consists of two treadling units) is indicated between the two arrows.  The upper arrow points to the beginning of the third block on treadle 4;  the lower arrow points to the end of the third block on treadle 1.  I am referring only to the treadles on the first four shafts.  To the right of each of those treadles is the shadowing treadle on the second four shafts.


NOTE:  Go here to read corrected post.

The Hard Work of Draft Designing”  was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on April 8\12, 2010. ©2010 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina

No comments: