Monday, March 15, 2010

S&W TREADLING AND COLOR

Posted by Peg in South Carolina
image 
IMAGE PROBLEMS WITH MICROSOFT PUBLISHER
It has become clear to me that Microsoft Publisher has a definite problem with images, or at least images created with weaving software.  Just below is the image on the right hand side of the above page, saved as a png file and brought into my blogging software (Windows Live Writer).  It looks perfectly fine--just like the JPEG files I bring into my blog.

8-shaft crackle red warp

I looked at Publisher to see if there was a way I could export images into its pages instead of copying and pasting.  The only thing I could find was an Insert picture function.  That is pretty much how I bring images into my blogging software.  But when I tried it with Publisher, there was only the slightest improvement in reproduction.

I do not have the latest version of Publisher, but when I checked, that version has a graphics manager which, from its description, sounded like it might handle my problem. But then I found this disclaimer:
If you want to insert a picture from another program, you can copy and paste it. The pasted picture might not appear the way you expected, but copying and pasting may be the best way to use a picture from a program that is not part of the 2007 Microsoft Office system. (Go here to read more).
Soo…..it looks like I live with the problem or find another program, a non-Microsoft program…….


"S&W Treadling and Color was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on March 15, 2010. ©2010 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

No comments: