Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BEGINNING 8-SHAFT CRACKLE

Posted by Peg in South Carolina

For now I am done with 6-shaft crackle. I will return to it (and also to 4-shaft crackle) when I have gone through some of the basics of 8-shaft crackle.

8-shaft crackle has never been something that interested me.  It seems to be used primarily as a way of creating all-over designs involving triangular shapes.  I am hoping that this investigation will show me that there are other possibilities for this version of the crackle structure.
image
To produce a clear threading in my publishing software, I had to spread the theading over a bit to the left page (The gray vertical line on the left side indicates the page split.  But since the pages face each other, this will not be a problem at least when viewed in the software.  To accommodate printing, I would have to make some changes.

Beginning 8-Shaft Crackle” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on February 23, 2010. ©2010 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

No comments: