Posted by Peg in South Carolina
Yes, ice resulted in yet another voice lesson cancellation (till tomorrow) and so gave me the opportunity to get back to work on my much neglected warp. The progress is clearly visible.
I did the following:
- I cut off the woven segment in the center, letting the warp ends hang loose from the beater.
- I tied those ends in groups of 32 ends in loose temporary knots
- I replaced all the knots with overhand knots.
- I cut the ends off the overhand knots so that they would be even
- I lashed the ends to the front bar, using medium polyester cord.
- I adjusted the warp ends for even tension
- I threw the first shot on treadle 1
- I corrected the the crossed warp ends that that shot revealed.
- I threw shots on each of the six treadles, repeating this several times.
- I readjusted the tension
- I stopped for the day
Needless to say, I am mightily pleased with myself!
What I now must do.
- Try to figure out which of the sample treadlings I am going to use. A few months ago, I knew which one, but I didn’t make a note and so…………
- Figure out what colors I want to start weaving with
- Wind the necessary bobbins
- Double check the warp tension.
- Hold my breath
- Start weaving
But not tomorrow.
Related Post: Resleying Done and I am Stunned