Friday, January 22, 2010

BEGINNING 6-SHAFT CRACKLE

Posted by Peg in South Carolina 

image

Note that I have numbered my blocks from left to right.  And so my threading also moves from left to right.  Some weavers do it this way.  Other weavers reverse it.  I suppose that in the end it does not really matter.  What really matters is the result you get.

Also, I have not included the tie-up because there is more than one possible tie-up with 6-shaft crackle.  And so the tie-up can create more design possibilities.

I have overstepped the bounds that Publisher allows for a page, but these are facing pages, and so they will print out fine.  Just not very neatly. 

I did it this way because to reduce the size of the threading draft to accommodate the page size made for a confusing looking draft.  I could have sliced it and put it on in two sections, but what I did seems more logical.

I am not done, by the way, with 4-shaft crackle.  I just decided at this point to go through basics with crackle on more than 4-shafts and then return to 4-shaft crackle for more advanced playing.


Beginning 6-Shaft Crackle” was written by Margaret Carpenter for Talking about Weaving and was originally posted on January 22, 2010. ©2009 Margaret Carpenter aka Peg in South Carolina.

No comments: