Posted by Peg in South Carolina
After I had spun the yarn, I soaked it in hot soapy water for 30 minutes, rinsed it well and let it dry. The yarn did not “bloom” though the textured bits did. So I think I need to treat this as a worsted rather than a woolen spun yarn. But I still need to account for the texture.
I once again used Asenhurst’s formula to figure out the maximum sett for twill and I got 10.72. Well, I’m throwing Asenhurst out. What I see on my loom does not support this sett at all. So I am going to go for 12 epi.
And here is what it looks like sleyed at 12 epi.
The blue mohair is woven in plain weave and I have made no attempt to get the picks per inch correct. I wanted only to get the selvedges pulled in the right amount and to see how the warp spacing looked. This looks like a twill treadling is going to work very well.