Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HEMSTITCHING ADDENDUM

This post is for anyone who might be wondering about all that strange weaving that precedes the hemstitching.

LIGHT BLUE WEFT AT BEGINNING

The first bit of weaving in light blue is done with 20/2 pearl cotton.  This is the weaving I did to make sure everything was right with the threading and the sleying. As you learned here and here, things were not right.

HEAVY WHITE WEFT

The shots of white weft consist of heavy rug yarn.  These are functioning simply as spacer yarns.  They will be easy to remove form the final cloth and leave me a fringe.

BRIGHT YELLOW WEFT

The little bit of bright yellow weft are shots of 20/2 cotton that I wove to get the warp ends back together.  I only wove a few because they will be hard to remove.  I used bright yellow so that I could see clearly where the needle was going when I did hemstitching.

© 2008

No comments: